Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Journal Entry 14

Friday September 21

My menstrual cycle has started, it's a minor inconvenience but I still wished it would have waited until the hiking was completed. We are heading towards Ghasa today and I also noticed today that I missed a couple days worth of doses of malaria medicine. I feel fine but it's a little unnerving to know you were walking around unprotected. I might not feel symptoms until I'm back home if I was infected,but there's nothing I can do now but wait and see. 
Villagers on this side of the trek are a little more worn down by tourists. They don't smile as much or seem open to talking to us. I had a little boy walk by me after I greeted him, "Namaste!" and yell "Namaste Stupid!!!" 
It's dirtier and hotter too. AB is back to sweating profusely with the return of this sub tropical temperatures. The trail is constantly loaded with mule shit and puddles of piss and it takes great effort to keep your feet clean and dry. I'm missing the other side. We have made some new friends with three guys from Denmark. They crossed Thorang La with us but every evening since we end up in the same guesthouse. All three of them are blonde and extraordinarily tall especially next to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment